Signed Memorabilia – New Zealand Rugby Donation Draws
New Zealand Rugby assists eligible New Zealand Not for Profit Organisations by providing 24 items annually to aid in raising funds through raffles and auctions. Please note that NZR does not provide any financial donations unless by prior approval of the Board.
Due to the large number of requests received by NZR the recipients of the 24 items will be chosen by a random draw which will take place on a quarterly basis and will consist of 1 item per organisation, with a maximum of 6 Not for Profit Organisations per draw. Items will vary depending on the time of season but will generally consist of signed training jerseys, signed rugby balls and signed team photos.
The dates of these quarterly draws are 15 March, 15 June, 15 September, 15 December (or following Monday if falls in a weekend).
Guidelines have been established for eligibility into the Donation Draw. Should you wish to be considered please follow the set guidelines below and read and sign the Terms & Conditions.
To be eligible for NZR Donation Draw the following Guidelines have been established
- All applications must be submitted in writing/via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Donations Draw, NZR, PO Box 2172, Wellington 6011.
- Requests must include within the application the following information:
- if a charity, proof of charitable status (e.g. Certificate of Incorporation)
- charitable/Not For Profit organisation’s primary contact name
- primary contact’s direct working telephone number
- mailing address and email address
- event date for which the item is being solicited.
- event type and event beneficiary also must be indicated.
- When submitting requests the applicant must indicate acceptance of the NZRU’s Donations Draw and Usage Terms & Conditions. (PDF doc), before the application will be considered. (Note: to email this, you will need to print and scan the signed copy, or note with your email application that the signed Terms & Conditions are in the post) Terms and Conditions
- Due to the tremendous volume of requests received by New Zealand Rugby, at least 5 working days processing time is required for requests to be considered. Requests not allowing 5 days processing prior to the next draw will not be fulfilled.
- You will only be contacted if your organisation is successful in the draw. The winners of each Donation Draw will be notified within a few days of the draw date and items will be forwarded within one week of each draw to the winning organisations. Quarterly winners will also be published below on www.allblacks.com within 2 weeks of each draw.
- If unsuccessful and the date of event allows the applicant to remain eligible for the next scheduled draw they will be automatically transferred to that draw. If however the request does not fit in this time frame, the request will become invalid and reapplication will be required.
- In order to help the greatest number of organisations, each organisation is limited to one donated item every two years.
- Due to the high volume of requests and limited supplies, special requests for a specific item or tickets are not permitted.
New Zealand Rugby do not provide monetary contributions or merchandise donations for the following:
- Businesses, retail and otherwise
- Capital campaigns/start-up funding for new businesses
- Chamber of Commerce/City/Neighbourhood festivals
- Class reunions
- Family reunions
- Student ambassador/exchange programs
- Non-charity events and organisations such as company picnics, employee golf tournaments, employee recognition/incentive programs, and organised adult social sports teams
- Not For Profit Organisations that are NOT based in New Zealand
New Zealand Rugby do not accept merchandise for the purpose of autographing for charity auctions or otherwise. Any memorabilia sent to New Zealand Rugby for autographs will not be returned.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Those successful were:
Green Island Rugby Club U13 team
Newton Central School
No Duff Charitable Trust
Cashmere Avenue School
Mary Potter Hospice
Draw cancelled due to COVID-19
Taumata School, Pyes Pa
Hill Street Early Childhood Centre
Kelston School, Lower Hutt
Life Education Trust
North Shore Rugby Club
Auckland University Rugby Club
From The Pass, NZ Chefs Assn (Mental Health Awareness)
Upper Hutt School
Big Brothers Big Sisters Christchurch
Breast Cancer Cure
Papakura Central School
Gladstone Primary School
The Parents Centre
Pukekohe Christian School
Cashmere Avenue School
Ashburton Celtic RFC
Relay for life, Taranaki
Bowen Early Childhood Centre
Picton School Action Squad
REACH Child Cancer Christchurch
Windy Ridge School
Burwood Daycare Centre